|WE DO IT ALL
|VILLAGE OF GLENCOE, ILLINOIS
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OF PUBLIC SAFETY
|The Village of Glencoe in 1954 formed the first combined Public
Safety Department in Illinois. It is the first fully integrated department
in the nation to be accredited by both CALEA (Police) and CFAI
(Fire). All 35 sworn members are cross trained and state certified. In
2003, they responded to 7357 police calls, 1752 fire calls and 484
|The Ashwaubenon Department of Public Safety in 1980, became the first full-service Public Safety agency
providing Police, Fire, and Medical Services through one Department in the State of Wisconsin. This photo depicts
some of the many means in which they provide services to the community.
Presently the department has grown to a staffing level of 48 full time public safety officers that are complemented by 30
The department currently responds to over 17,000 police calls, 1500 EMS calls and 200 fire calls annually.